Cards For Sale

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Merry & Bright Door Hanger



Good Thursday Morning Peeps!!!

Yesterday I spent a fun afternoon with a friend making this adorable door hanger. Wendy has been making these alot and I have admired hers so she asked me to come join her and make one. She said bring whatever you want to decorate your door hanger! I had no idea at first what I wanted to do since I had never made one before. So I decided to go with something I love. The Stampin Up Greeting Card Kids stamp set and the Deck the Halls DS paper. I used a card I made last week for an inspiration for this hanger and actually after finishing, Wendy said they made a cute set.

Here is a picture of them together:




The door hanger is a thin piece of wood, purchased from a big box craft store. I covered mine with a piece of paper from the Deck the Halls paper pack using the tombow mono multi liquid glue. I sorta of copied Wendy's design on the one she was working on, by adding a piece of paper on the hanger at an angle. So clever she is!! I used a piece of Cherry cobbler card stock that I embossed with the Petals a Plenty EF. I them added a couple of strips of always artichoke scallops behind the edges of the Cherry cobbler.

I stamped the little Christmas girls with black stazon onto very vanilla card stock and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I used Soft Suede, cherry cobbler, more mustard, always artichoke and blush blossom. I cut her out with circle and scallop circle nesties. She is added to the Hanger with some foam tape. The sentiment is from the Bright Christmas stamp set. I stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink onto the very vanilla. I curled it a bit and cut a "V" in the end. I added a always artichoke button with a bit of twine, I used a non SU punch for my small snowflakes and added a pearl to the centers. I just had to add the ribbon seam binding bow and called it done. Whatcha think? Would this be a nice little gift?

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! I just love your door hanger and card. The colors, dp, image, coloring and design is beautiful!!

Wendy said...

It's perfect!!!! I love this and it would make a wonderful gift! Please make more...you did an awesome job! Love your choice of papers with the embossed Cherry Cobbler cs and that cute little girl. Sentiment and button finish it off nicely!! Beautiful!!!

Connie Collins said...

These are just perfect. Love the door hanger. I have been kicking the idea of door hangers around for a few days now and just haven't made one yet. Hugs!