Cards For Sale

Saturday, November 12, 2011

OCC...Pumpkin Challenge


Happy Saturday Peeps, 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess is the fabulous
 Wendy Jansen one of my stamping idols, and she has a great challenge for us:
CHALLENGE:  Who doesn't look forward to pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving?!  Well Thanksgiving is soon approaching and with the anticipation of pumpkin pie, the challenge this week is to create a project using pumpkins or the color pumpkin pie as the focal point or main color of your project

I certainly had a completely different idea in mind when I sit down to make this card, I had been thinking about it for a few days and was determined NOT to make a pumpkin out of punches, even tho that was my first thought when I saw the challenge. I have made a few cards with this pumpkin on it and didn't want to make you all sick of seeing it. But something just took over when I started and another pumpkin emerged. This card is a close relative to one I made last week but it is alright sometimes these things just happen. :)
The base of the card is Early Espresso card stock and then I followed that with very vanilla and then some DSP from the Spice Cake paper pack.
I cut a top note with old olive card stock and then embossed it with square lattice EF. I only used half of the top note. and then layered some early espresso ribbon across the top of the top note.

The pumpkin is made up of three wide oval punches with pumpkin pie card stock. I embossed the ovals with the Elegant Lines EF. I added a twine bow with a button and a leaf pin. A stem and a few swirls are made with old olive card stock. The sentiment on here is from the Grateful Greetings stamp set and is stamped with early espresso ink  and then cut apart. I added three gold pearls in the top corner.

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun  challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, as always, Vicki! I love seeing your punched pumpkins and how you use different EF's to emboss the pumpkins! I think it adds such a pop! Nicely done! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! I love your punched pumpkins and they look wonderful embossed!!!

Our Thanksgiving is long over but maybe I can make a card using pumpkin colours?! Fun!

Kim Pope said...

Great card Vicki. I love the texture.

Tui Nathan said...

This is great Vicki ... I love how you created this little pumpkin, and how cute does it look all embossed and sponged ...loving the textures and of course the button, twine treatment is fab!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it! Great reminder on what to do with all those punches we had to (ahem) have. I really love the embossing on your pumpkin pieces - it adds so much!

Silke Ledlow said...

Vicki, your pumpkin card is beautiful! I need to remember this idea....the embossing is the perfect touch with it! Thank you for having me this week...hugs ~S~

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, as always what a wonderful card! I love how you did the linen thread and button at the top of your pumpkin! and the leaf push pin is just perfect! LOVE it!
have a wonderful week, and I can't wait to see more tags and those pocket cards! hugs, sharon

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, this is such a fun fall card, in every way! Love the texture on the pumpkin and that loopy bow is such a cool detail. I really like how you used the Top Note as a layer, too. Awesome, as always! (hugs!) :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I think this punched pumpkin is great...keep making them!

Hope you had a fabulous week!