Cards For Sale

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

More Poppies


Happy Tuesday Peeps!!!

More "Pleasant Poppies"!!

I hope you are not tired of seeing this stamp, cos it is my favorite and I fear you will see much, much more of it. And this layout, I know I use it alot, I guess this would be my fall to layout, especially when I have a large focal panel, like this one.
I made this card using the color challenge this week on the Dynamic Duo Blog. This week is a special week on the Dynamic Duo, this month has 5 weeks in it and when this happens they choose one color and you choose one. 


Their chosen color is Crumb Cake and I choose Pumpkin Pie for my color and of course I used white for the main image panel. I stamped the poppy image, well part of it, onto white card stock with black stazon.
I then colored with my aqua painter and pumpkin pie and crumb cake ink pads.


Did I say that I LOVE this stamp?? hehe!!
I used some retired pumpkin pie satin ribbon across the bottom. I am sad that SU retired all the satin ribbon, it is my favorite...pout! But no worries, I stocked up!!! :)
The sentiment on here is from the Stampin Up "A Word for You". I stamped with black stazon and used my 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches to make the sentiment piece. I added a few silver pearls (non SU) under the sentiment and to the image panel.
Thanks for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki



14 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

absolutely beautiful, Vicki~~~
perfectly designed!!!!
tfs:)

Marisa said...

Love this image and your colour combo is totally yummy :)

Unknown said...

Elegant and stylish card! Very special colour combination for the DD challenge.

Allisa said...

Awesome job coloring your poppies. I love this stamp as well. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

Conniecrafter said...

lovely coloring and like the embossed background!

Lisa Elton said...

FABULOUS card Vicki! Your poppies look wonderful and that orange bow is scrumptious! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Sabrina said...

I'm amazed at how beautiful that orange is with the kraft/crumb cake colour! Lovely card. :)

Mynn xx said...

OH MY WORD. I really didn't think orange would work with kraft! This is STUNNING!!!! LOVE that gorgeous bow! You are PINNED! :)

paige said...

Your stunning card is perfect in every way! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Lorri said...

Beautiful Beautiful! You have such a unique style, each and every card takes my breath away. Are you going to convention? (I can't remember!) Hope so!! Take care Vicki!!

Melissa said...

LOVE the orange with Crumb Cake! You've put them together so beautifully! Those poppies are perfect! Thanks for joining us again at Dynamic Duos! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Absolutely stunning in every way Vicki. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Bonnie said...

These poppies are gorgeous in Pumpkin Pie and the layout is perfect! Love the embossing and bow too! I look forward to seeing more poppies from you, Vicki!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous and I'm thinking I will need to put this poppy stamp on my wish list...near the top - lol!