Cards For Sale

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Card Concept....Sympathy


Happy Wednesday Peeps!

Time for a new challenge at The Card Concept.

Here is our wonderful inspiration photo for this challenge:




I took my inspiration from the beautiful palette and of course the flowers.

I found myself in need of a Sympathy card this past week so I decided to use 
this challenge for my card.
I pulled out my most loved stamp from Stampin Up called Best Thoughts.
I used a couple of retired colors on my card, I used some Regal rose and just a bit of Bravo Burgundy. I did not have my Burgundy ink pad any longer but still had the marker so I scribbled a bit onto a clear block to use.
I stamped the flower image onto some Naturals cardstock with Black Stazon and colored using my aqua painter and inks.
The leaves are Old Olive and I used my white gel pen to color the stamens.


The base of the card is Early espresso and then I dug into my stash of retired DSP to find some
Bravo Burgundy paper.
I matted this with some of the Naturals cardstock.
The main panel is matted with Early Espresso card stock.
The sentiment is from the retired Heartfelt Sympathy stamp set.
I used some mini silver brads here and there.
I cut off the prongs on the brads and then used a bit of glue to add the tops.
Be sure and head over to  The Card Concept Blog to see what the rest of the team did with this challenge, you are sure to be inspired to play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by today.
\
Vicki


13 comments:

sandie said...

wow Vicki, your colouring is outstanding, such a pretty card x

Kerin said...

Oh my this is gorgeous!!! WOW.

Debbie said...

Your coloring on your flower is gorgeous! I also dug through my old papers and found some Bravo Burgundy to use :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is my favorite flower and set too. And wow, it's gorgeous in these colors! Hehe - I still have some of that paper left too. I love your card and so sorry that it's a sympathy card. But it's going to be loved. Hugs!

laurie said...

Gorgeous Vicki! I love your flower, so pretty. Love the way you used the colors!

Lora said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I love the stamp set you used. It is so versatile and can be used for any occasion.

What a neat way to look at colors, they are perfect.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful stamp and great coloring!

Unknown said...

I love that big beautifully colored flower!! Just beautiful!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is a beautiful card, Vicki! I love the color and look of the flower. It feels warm and touching too!
Take care!
Michele

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! Love the details of your flower - so pretty!

Deanne :)

AB. said...

So pretty. Perfect colouring on that flower. Stunning!

Lilian said...

Lovely! Great coloring!
Lilian TCC DT
The Leaf Studio

Julie Gearinger said...

This is gorgeous!! You have made me regret many times that I have not chosen this hostess set yet :-) Love the use of the colors and your coloring is amazing, my friend!